WELCOME to Functional Rustic! Thanks for Stopping by. Reward yourself by seeing all that Functional Rustic has to offer. Explore Handmade Rustic Decor in the Store, Try a DIY Tutorial, Read Inspirational Quotes & Visit the Muscovy Ducks. So much to experience!
The choices we make reveal the true nature of our character.
2. You kinda owe it to yourself to do all the things you’ve dreamed.
3. Know this: Some people will not hear you regardless of ho much, how loud, how truthful, how loving, or how profound you speak. Wish them well and let them go.
4. I just want to tell you, at some point it doesn’t matter who was right and who was wrong. At some point, being angry is just another bad habit, like smoking, and you keep poisoning yourself without thinking about it.
5. If you don’t want anyone to find out, don’t do it.
6. Every situation in life is temporary. So, when life is good, make sure you enjoy and receive it fully. And when life is not so good, remember that it will not last forever and better days are on the way.
7. Be the person who breaks the cycle. If you were judged, choose understanding. If you were rejected, choose acceptance. If you were ashamed, choose compassion. Be the person you needed when you were hurting, not the person who hurt you. Vow to be better than what broke you – to heal instead of becoming bitter so you can act from your heart, not your pain.
8. Not everything is supposed to become something beautiful and long lasting. Sometimes people come into your life to show you what is right and what is wrong, to show you who you can be, to teach you to love yourself, to make you feel better for a little while or to just be someone to walk with at night and spill your life to. Not everyone is going to stay forever, and we still have to keep on going and thank them for what they’ve given us.
9. She is a paradox. She is faithful and yet detached. She is committed and yet relaxed. She loves everyone, and yet no one. She is sociable but also a loner. She is gentle and yet tough. She is passionate but can also be platonic. In short, she is predictable in her unpredictability.
10. You are not everyone’s cup of tea. The world is filled with people who, no matter what you do, no matter what you try, will simply not like you. But the world is also filled with those who will love you fiercely. The ones who love you: they are your people. Don’t wasted your finite time and heart trying to convince the people who aren’t your people that you have value. They will miss it completely. They wont but what you’re selling. Don’t try to convince them to walk your path with you because you will only wasted your time and your emotional good health. You are not for them and they are not for you. You are not their cup of tea and they are not yours. Politely wave them along and you move away as well. Seek to share your path with those who recognize and appreciate your gifts are not yours. Be who you are. You are not everyone’s cup of tea and that is OK.
How you make others feel about themselves, says a lot about you.
2. Stop shrinking to fit places you’ve outgrown.
3. Be happy not because everything is good, but because you an see the good side of everything.
4. The problem with putting others first; you’ve taught them you come second.
5. The task of leadership is not to put greatness into people, but to elicit it, for the greatness is there already.
6. The sunrise, of course, doesn’t care if we watch it or not. It will keep on being beautiful, even if no one bothers to look at it.
7. I choose to believe things are possible, even when I don’t know how they will happen.
8. To the woman reading this with a restless soul and an aching heart, I want you to know that sometimes you have to break down in order to break through.
9. One day it just clicks. You realize what’s important and what isn’t. You learn to care less about what other people think of you and more about what you think of yourself. You realize how far you’ve come and you remember when you thought things were such a mess that you would never recover. And you smile. you smile because you are truly proud of yourself and the person you’ve fought to become.
10. I’ve learned, through my own shit, that when you’re genuinely ready to be the woman that you want to be, for yourself, you’ll drop all of the excuses you once had, and start making the moves that you need to make to become her.
Don’t forget to shout “Jenga” when everything falls apart.
2. Intuition is the GPS of the soul.
3. If you see beauty in something, don’t wait for others to agree.
4. She builds others up because she knows what it’s like to be torn down.
5. How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
6. I stopped fighting my inner demons. We’re on the same side now.
7. Nobody tells you it is okay to call yourself beautiful, it is okay to smile at mirrors and it is perfectly fine to say your own eyes are pretty. It is wonderful to love your waist and your legs regardless of their size and you are not conceited if you use your fingers to list everything you’re good at rather than point at all your own flaws. You can acknowledge you’re smart and that you will go places and you will be someone greater than your mistakes. You can’t always expect other people to believe in yourself for you.
8. Me: *stares into the void*. The void: *stares back* Me: *winks*. The void: *blushes*.
9. Once you carry your own water, you will learn the value of every drop.
10. You need to read this. There is no glory in making yourself small and timid. Build yourself up. Know that you’re destined for greatness. Believe in your abilities, be vulnerable, show the world who you really are. Know your worth and value. Care for yourself. Love yourself fully as you are and where you are. Turn your dreams into goals and plans, and take action with courage and enthusiasm. No more hiding away, holding yourself back or putting things off. No more being apologetic or trying to please and impress everyone. This is your life and your time, don’t waste it.
Best way to earn respect is by treating others with respect.
2. You wanting a sign is a sign.
3. Silence isn’t empty, it’s full of answers.
4. It’s better this way. A little lonelier but better.
5. You gotta believe it’s already yours. That’s the secret of manifestation.
6. When you’re filled with self love you make better choices.
7. Always listen twice first what’s being said then who said it.
8. When you know yourself, you are empowered. When you accept yourself, you are invincible.
9. They start missing you when they fail to replace you.
10. It takes years to learn the difference between who to let go and who to be patient with. The same way it takes years to know what you deserve and what you don’t. So hang in there, growth and experience come with time.
Be selective in your battles. For sometimes peace is better than being right.
2. Time: The healer and The killer.
3. I don’t pay attention to the world ending. It has ended for me many times and began again in the morning.
4. Don’t worry about the people who aren’t happy for you; they probably aren’t happy for themselves either.
5. Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.
6. When things change inside you, things change around you.
7. The universe will give you what you need, but you must have the guts to believe in what it has given you.
8. Always be kind. If you see someone falling behind, walk beside them. If someone is being ignored, find a way to include them. If someone has been knocked down, lift them up. Always remind people of their worth. Be who you needed when you were going through hard times. Just one small act of kindness could mean the world to someone.
9. This is the part of my life where I silently remove myself from anyone who hurts me more than they love me, drains me more than replenish me, brings me more stress than they do peace, and tries to stunt my growth rather than clap for it. I think that I’ve done more than enough talking and trying to make things work with certain people… I’m done.
10. Enough is enough. Seriously, be strong and know when enough is enough. Take your stand, speak up and refuse to let others hurt you. Throughout your lifetime some people will discredit you, disrespect you and treat you poorly for no apparent reason at all. Don’t consume yourself with trying to change them or win their approval. And don’t make any space in your heart to hate them. You don’t have control over what others think about you, but you do have control over how you decide to internalize their opinions. Leave them to their own judgments. Let people love you for who you are, and not for who they want you to be. Or let them walk away if they choose. They can’t harm you either way; it’s their understanding that is faulty not yours.