WELCOME to Functional Rustic! Thanks for Stopping by. Reward yourself by seeing all that Functional Rustic has to offer. Explore Handmade Rustic Decor in the Store, Try a DIY Tutorial, Read Inspirational Quotes & Visit the Muscovy Ducks. So much to experience!
It’s ok to be a glow stick; sometimes we need to break before we shine.
2. Confidence is silent. Insecurities are loud.
3. I am not who I was a year ago and that brings me so much peace.
4. There are some things you can only learn in a storm.
5. Putting myself first was a quiet thing – soft and certain, a gentle rebellion long overdue.
6. When the root is deep, there is no reason to fear the wind.
7. Like wildflowers; you must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would.
8. Someone you haven’t even met yet is wondering what it’d be like to know someone like you.
9. She wasn’t doing a thing that I could see, except standing there, leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.
10. I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You’re not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.
She is both, hellfire and holy water. And the flavor you taste depends on how you treat her.
2. Heal, first. Or else, you will destroy everything in your way.
3. Dear self, stay strong.
4. I like people who smile when it’s raining.
5. Feel it. The thing that you don’t want to feel. Feel it, and be free.
6. In twenty years, you will be more disappointed by what you didn’t do than by what you did.
7. A person’s mind is so powerful. We can invent, create, experience, and destroy things with thoughts alone.
8. You can’t change what’s going on around you until you start changing what’s going on within you.
9. Trust yourself enough to let go, shift, and uproot. Give yourself permission to shed who you used to be. You are allowed to start over and find new ways to bloom into your best self.
10. Her Time: She has been feeling it for awhile now – that sense of awakening. There is a gentle rage simmering inside her, and it is getting stronger by the day. She will hold it close to her – she will nurture it and let it grow. She won’t let anyone take it away from her. It is her rocket fuel and finally, she is going places. She can feel it down to her very core – this is her time. She will not only climb mountains – she will move them too.
As for my girls, I’ll raise them to think they breathe fire.
2. You must want to spend the rest of your life with yourself first.
3. You were born with the ability to change someone’s life, don’t ever waste it.
4. Don’t let anyone rent a space in your head, unless they’re a good tenant.
5. Until you cross the bridge of your insecurities, you can’t begin to explore your possibilities.
6. I would rather be “annoyingly” positive and optimistic than destructively negative and hateful.
7. My future starts when I wake up every morning… Every day I find something creative to do with my life.
8. Be the woman you needed as a girl.
9. Sometimes you have to remind people that you can be an asshole too.
10. Cutting contact with toxic people will transform your life. At first, it feels miserable. Like you’re going cold turkey from an addiction. But as time goes on, you come to discover that each passing day brings unexpected new blessings. You begin to develop self – respect, boundaries, and true friendships. Instead of running around absorbing and forgiving everything, you spend time with people who do not behave in a way that requires constant explaining to begin with. This freedom allows your spirit to thrive. Someday, you will look back and wonder how you even tolerated interacting with such unhealthy people . Your new self begins to feel protective of your old self, and that’s a pretty neat place to be!
2. Blowing out someone else’s candle doesn’t make yours shine any brighter.
3. Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain.
4. Serendipity: Finding something good without looking for it.
5. It’s okay to fight for someone who loves you. It’s not okay to fight for someone to love you. There’s a huge difference.
6. Your biggest fan is a stranger. Your biggest hater is someone you know.
7. The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can.
8. Pay attention when people react with anger and hostility to your boundaries. You have found the edge where their respect for you ends.
9. Reminder: You don’t have to rebuild a relationship with everyone you’ve forgiven. Just because you are at peace, doesn’t mean they’re not still toxic.
10. What if your fairy godmother is the wisest, smartest version of your self – whispering from the future. Stop treating yourself as an afterthought. Eat delicious food, walk in the sunshine, jump in the ocean. Say the truth you are carrying in your heart like a hidden treasure. Be silly, be kind, be weird. There is no time for anything else.
Listen, I still want to be invited but I’m not coming.
2. Go ahead, underestimate me. You won’t be the first. You won’t be the last, but you will be wrong.
3. What you water, grows.
4. Maturing is realizing how many things don’t require your comment.
5. You have to stop crying and you have to go kick some ass.
6. Don’t half-ass anything whatever you do, always use your full ass.
7. The day I changed was the day I quit trying to fit into a world that never really fit me.
8. The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be love in return.
9. Toss your hair in a bun, drinks some coffee, put on some gangsta rap and handle it.
10. Check yourself. Sometimes you are the toxic person. Sometimes you are the mean, negative person you’re looking to push away. Sometimes the problem is you. And that doesn’t make you less worthy. Keep on growing. Keep on checking yourself. Keep on motivating yourself. Mistakes are opportunities. Look at them, own them, grow from them and move on. Do better, be better. You’re human. It’s okay.