WELCOME to Functional Rustic! Thanks for Stopping by. Reward yourself by seeing all that Functional Rustic has to offer. Explore Handmade Rustic Decor in the Store, Try a DIY Tutorial, Read Inspirational Quotes & Visit the Muscovy Ducks. So much to experience!
I’m the hero of the story, I don’t need to be saved.
2. Something very beautiful happens to people when their world has fallen apart: A humility, a nobility, a higher intelligence emerges at just the point when our knees hit the floor.
3. Most people never heal, because they stay in their heads, replaying corrupted scenarios. Let it go.
4. You wouldn’t pretend it didn’t hurt if you stubbed your toe. Emotional pain is just as valid as physical pain and you should never be ashamed of it. You are allowed to feel your feelings too. Your emotions are valid.
5. To that one soul reading this, I know you’re tired. You’re fed up. You’re so close to breaking but there’s strength within you even when you feel weak. Keep fighting.
6. A hero is one who heals their own wounds and then shows others how to do the same.
7. Don’t count the days. Make the days count.
8. I bent until I damn near broke. But that’s the things about resilience…It shows up just as your soul begins to cry, and catapults your strength into over drive.
9. What is a Goddess? A woman who is in the process of learning to know, accept and love herself on all levels, Mind Body and Spirit. A woman who, because she focuses on personal growth and self awareness, experiences a life, increasingly filled with peace, love, joy, passion and fun. A woman that understands that she has unlimited capacity to make her life anything she wants. A woman who is inspired to give to those around her because of her sense of gratitude and abundance.
10. Every time you change anything in your life, even the smallest and most inconsequential thing, it produces a ripple effect that touches everything else. Nothing is the same as before. If you do this enough, you wake up one day to realize you’ve shed the old layers tethering you to the past, and become an entirely new person almost effortlessly. This is because you were waiting for a breakthrough when what you needed was in microshift.
You can take your “I’m okay” hat off now. It’s just me. Fall apart. I’m not going anywhere.
2. It’s all connected. Your gifts, your circumstances, your purpose, your imperfections; your journey, your destiny. It’s molding you. Embrace it.
3. Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
4. Some day we will find what we are looking for. Or maybe not. Maybe we’ll find something much greater than that.
5. When you see a chance, take it.
6. I am not impressed by beauty anymore. It is not difficult or extraordinary to turn someone on. However, if you have the ability to inspire me, if you have the ability to stimulate my mind and stir my thoughts – well, that makes you magic.
7. Let yourself fail. And try again.
8. If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.
9. There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world, because you realize there is so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on.
10. What we have to remember is that we can still do anything. We can change our minds. We can start over. The notion that it’s too late to do anything is comical. It’s hilarious. We can’t. We must not lose this sense of possibility because in the end, it’s all we have.
Live life as if everything is rigged in your favor.
2. Don’t you dare shrink yourself for someone else’s comfort – Do not become small for people who refuse to grow.
3. The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.
4. It’s a very powerful thing when someone sees you as the person you wish you were.
5. The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
6. The present moment is the only moment available to us, and it is the door to all moments.
7. The universe sends us exactly what we are ready for at the exact time we need it in our lives.
8. Not everyone needs to have access to you while you’re healing, restoring, growing, and transforming. Protecting certain phases of your process – will be required, in order to elevate and self actualize – successfully.
9. Go back and take care of yourself. Your body needs you, your feelings need you, your perceptions need you. Your suffering needs you to acknowledge it. Go home and be there for all these things.
10. This morning I woke up and reminded myself that my soul is fucking beautiful, my mind is fucking powerful, my heart is made of fucking gold and I’ve got so many damn good things going on for me that I literally do not need anyone who isn’t going to love me the way that I fucking deserve to be loved.
Align yourself with people that you can learn from, people who want more out of life, people who are stretching and searching and seeking some higher ground in life.
2. There is no statute of limitations on starting over. Re-invent yourself every day. Be the girl who walks barefoot and listens to the blues. Tomorrow, wear a trench coat and speak fierce truths. Be a phoenix. Be ashes. Burn down. Resurrect. Let go of the idea that you must always be who you have always been.
3. The answers you seek never come when the mind is busy, they come when the mind is still.
4. May your character not be a writing upon the sand, but an inscription upon the rock. May you be rooted and grounded in love. May your convictions be deep, your love real, your desires earnest.
5. The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The work of life is to develop it. The meaning of life is to give your gift away.
6. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about taking chances, and how it’s really just about overcoming your fears. Because the truth is, every time you take a big risk your life, no matter how it ends up, you’re always glad you took it.
7. I dare you to take off the mask of perfection and show up as you are. Feel the freedom, the relief, the lightness. Because when we are real, that’s when we actually heal. And those around us just might heal, too.
8. Sit with it. Sit with it. Sit with it. Sit with it. Even though you want to run. Even though it’s heavy and difficult. Even though you’re not quite sure of the way through. Healing happens by feeling.
9. Right now, I am a mixture of very happy and very sad. And I am trying to figure it all out, all these feelings and emotions and words and thoughts, and what they all mean. Everything I feel is a contradiction of itself, and I do not understand any of it.
10. Align. Destroy the idea that you have to be constantly working or grinding in order to be successful. Embrace the concept that rest, recovery, and reflection are essential parts of the progress towards a successful and ultimately happy life.
Real Self love: Calling yourself out on your own shit in order to grow.
2. Connect with your personal magic.
3. Learn the difference between your intuition guiding you and your traumas misleading you.
4. You will get there. But right now you are here. (and here is wonderful)
5. I find it amusing that we’re all pretending to be normal when we could be insanely interesting instead.
6. The ocean does not apologize for its depth and the mountains do not seek forgiveness for the space they take and so, neither shall I.
7. Close your eyes and imagine the best version of you possible. That’s who you really are, let go of any part of you that doesn’t believe it.
8. Life is tricky baby stay in your magic.
9. Act like the person you want to become.
10. Whatever is going on – it’s okay. It’s okay if you’re confused, if you’re hurt, if you don’t even know who you are and what you’re doing. It’s okay to be lost and it’s okay to hurt. Because when you look back it’s not the moments that you felt lost and unsure that you’ll remember. It’ll be those moments after – like how you found something that you have fallen in love with and you’ve made it you life’s work. It’ll be what those dark moments lead you to – happiness. So don’t be afraid. Your moment is right there, it’s so close. You just have to believe in it.
I like things to happen. And if they don’t happen, I like to make them happen.
2. You’re a woman, use it; bring every man you meet to his motherfucking knees.
3. If anyone had a not so good day today – do your best to rock that shit tomorrow. Life is too short for two days of bullshit in a row.
4. I am not replaceable… And I mean that in the most humble way possible.
5. Be strong now, because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever.
6. Really. I just want to be happy, make a difference, love, be loved, learn, create, laugh, stay fresh and look good naked.
7. To that one soul reading this, I know you’re tired, you’re fed up, you’re so close to breaking but there’s strength within you even when you feel weak.
8. People drain me. That’s why I embrace silence and solitude, I can spend days and days on my own without any contact, not feeling lonely for even a moment.
9. Stop allowing other people to dilute of poison your day with their words or opinions. Stand strong in the truth of your beauty and journey through your day without attachment to the validation of others.
10. I am fundamentally an optimist. Whether that comes from nature or nurture, I cannot say. Part of being optimistic is keeping one’s head pointed toward the sun, one’s feet moving forward. There were many dark moments when my faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair. That way lays defeat and death.
The way she talked about things she loved made the whole room turn to see what shone.
2. This version of me wasn’t built overnight. This is experience. This is pain. This is insecurities. This is abuse. This is depression. I had to go through things to get to the level I am now.
3. Start ignoring people who threaten your joy. Literally, ignore them. Say nothing. Don’t invite any parts of them into your space.
4. It’s a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you’re ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.
5. Some women are “once in a lifetime” type of females, there is no upgrade after her…
6. I always did something I as a little not ready to do. I think that is how you grow.
7. Guard your time fiercely. Be generous with it, but be intentional about it.
8. The only people who get upset when you set boundaries are those who benefited from you having none.
9. Accept – then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it, not against it…This will miraculously transform your whole life.
10. You need to ignore what everyone else is doing and achieving. Your life is about breaking your own limits and outgrowing yourself to live your best life. You are not in competition with anyone else. Plan to outdo your past, not other people.
You never know who needs you. Good energy is contagious.
2. Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.
3. Seek to be worth knowing rather than be well known.
4. Build someone up. Put their insecurities to sleep. Remind them they’re worthy. Tell them they’re incredible. Be a light in a too often dim world.
5. Never make fun of someone if they mispronounce a word. It means they learned it from reading.
6. Knowledge is learning something every day. Wisdom is letting go of something every day.
7. When you arise in the morning, think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love…
8. So, what if, instead of thinking about solving your whole life, you just think about adding additional good things. Once at a time. Just let your pile of good things grow.
9. An amazing thing happens when you get honest wish yourself and start doing what you love, what makes you happy. Your life literally slows down. You stop wishing for the weekend. You stop merely looking forward to special events. You begin to live in each moment and you start feeling like a human being. You just ride the wave that is life, with this feeling of contentment and joy. You move fluidly, steadily, calm and grateful. A veil is lifted, and a whole new perspective is born.
10. Be thankful for every heartbreak, for they were planned. They come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave. Their purpose is to shake it up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life. And you do.