WELCOME to Functional Rustic! Thanks for Stopping by. Reward yourself by seeing all that Functional Rustic has to offer. Explore Handmade Rustic Decor in the Store, Try a DIY Tutorial, Read Inspirational Quotes & Visit the Muscovy Ducks. So much to experience!
Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.
2. Just enjoy where you are now.
3. May the next few months be a period of magnificent transformation.
4. Never regret being a good person to the wrong people. Your behavior says everything about you and theirs says enough about them.
5. I want small children to think I am either a goddess or a fairy…but I want grown men to fear me.
6. When people show you who they are, believe them.
7. I wish you sidewalk pennies on bad days and the unfailing sense that things are just going to work out.
8. One thing about them tables…they always turn.
9. Life becomes more meaningful when you realize the simple fact that you’ll never get the same moment twice.
10. You can’t control how other people receive your energy. Anything you do or say gets filtered through the lens of whatever they are going through at that moment, which is not about you. Just keep doing your thing with as much integrity and love as possible.
Avoiding certain people to protect your emotional health is not a weakness. It’s wisdom.
2. If speaking kindly to plants helps them grow imagine what speaking kindly to humans can do.
3. “You’re incredibly mature for your age.” First of all, I’m traumatized.
4. Assumption and lack of communication are the number one relationship killers. We all perceive differently. We’ve lived different lives, we have different views. Understand that before getting angry at someone for not believing what you believe.
5. The trick is that as long as you know who you are and what makes you happy it doesn’t matter how others see you.
6. No response is a response. And it’s powerful one. Remember that.
7. You know what the issue is with this world? Everyone wants a magical solution to their problem, and everyone refuses to believe in magic.
8. And when the storm was over, everyone danced, new flowers bloomed, and we all were gifted new beginnings.
9. The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
10. Go and love someone exactly as they are. And then watch how quickly they transform into the greatest, truest version of themselves. When one feels seen and appreciated in their own essence, one is instantly empowered.
2. It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.
3. The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life.
4. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that fairy tales aren’t real. I wake up every morning to drink a potion made from magic beans and it brings me back to life.
5. Any day with you is my favorite day. So, today is my new favorite day.
6. You often feel tired, not because you’ve done too much, but because you’ve done too little of what sparks a light in you.
7. Become so confident in who you are that no one’s opinion, rejection, or behavior can rock you.
8. People inspire you, or they drain you – pick them wisely.
9. Energy is the currency of the universe. When you ‘pay’ attention to something, you buy that experience. So when you allow your consciousness to focus on someone or something that annoys you, you feed it your energy, and it reciprocates the experience of being annoyed. Be selective in your focus because your attention feeds the energy of it and keeps it alive. Not just within you, but in the collective consciousness as well.
10. You’re not stuck. You’re just committed to certain patterns of behavior because they helped you in the past. Now those behaviors have become more harmful than helpful. The reason why you can’t move forward is because you keep applying an old formula to a new level in your life. Change the formula to get a different result.
Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start again.
2. Expectations are resentments waiting to happen.
3. If you’re not in the arena also getting your ass kicked, I’m not interested in your feedback.
4. Maybe it won’t work out. But maybe seeing if it does will be the best adventure ever.
5. Speak with honesty, think with sincerity, act with integrity.
6. Honesty is the highest form of intimacy.
7. Don’t be afraid of the solitude that comes with raising your standards.
8. Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters.
9. Educate yourself. When a question about a certain topic pops up, Google it. Watch movies and documentaries. When something sparks your interest, read about it. Read read read. Study, learn, stimulate your brain. Don’t just rely on the school system, educate that beautiful mind of yours.
10. Appreciate everything. Appreciate it when you go out on the street and the light is green, appreciate it when someone give you a small candy, appreciate every compliment you receive, appreciate the love that people give you,appreciate every breath that someone takes before they tell you something because they took it for you. Appreciate. Even the bad things because there’s no better thing than balance and balance doesn’t exist without bad things. Appreciate your balance. Appreciate your life. Appreciate yourself.
She was never quite ready. But she was brave. And the universe listens to brave.
2. Ten years from now, make sure you can say that you chose your life, you didn’t settle for it.
3. People forget years and remember moments.
4. A beautiful day begins with a beautiful mindset. When you wake up, take a second to think about what a privilege it is to simply be alive and healthy. The moment you start acting like life is a blessing, I assure you it will start to feel like one. Time spent appreciating is time worth living.
5. If you’re going to drink whiskey, then drink a whiskey that’s older than you are. Get at least one tattoo, but if at all possible…lose count. Don’t fall in love with anyone you wouldn’t describe as funnier and smarter than you are. And believe in yourself so fucking hard that no one can ever take it from you.
6. I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.
7. I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You’re not competing with another person, you’re competing with my comfort zones.
8. And then I realized that to be more alive I had to be less afraid. So I did it, I lost my fear and gained my whole life.
9. You will always be too much of something for someone: too big, too loud, too soft, too edgy. If you round out your edges, you lose your edge. Apologize for mistakes. Apologize for unintentionally hurting someone – profusely. But don’t apologize for being who you are.
10. You have to be the kind of person who can make the best out of a Tuesday. You know those people who life for the weekends? They’re wishing their life away. You have to find something worth living for or else you’ll look back and realize you’ve wasted your life away.
Replace ‘sorry’s’ with ‘thank yous’. Instead of ‘sorry I’m late’, try ‘thank you for waiting for me’. Change your mindset.
2. Work to become not to acquire.
3. Anyone can find the dirt in someone. Be the one who finds the gold.
4. Negativity and positivity use up the same amount of energy. The difference is that one will drain you and the other will fill you up.
5. Grant me the serenity to kick some motherfucking ass today and karate chop the shit out of anyone slowing down my train of awesome.
6. The broken will always be able to love harder than most. Once you’ve been in the dark, you learn to appreciate everything that shines.
7. P.S. don’t ever forget that you love to dance.
8. The best thing about the worst time of your life is that you get to see true colors of everyone you cared for.
9. The finest souls are those who gulped pain and avoided making others taste it.
10. You just need to nurture your soul and take care of yourself right now. Let things clear out of your life. Don’t hold onto what needs to exit. Don’t force anything to stay the same. It’s all about change and growth. Release and let go. Reorganize and reprioritize what you value.
I’m the hero of the story, I don’t need to be saved.
2. Something very beautiful happens to people when their world has fallen apart: A humility, a nobility, a higher intelligence emerges at just the point when our knees hit the floor.
3. Most people never heal, because they stay in their heads, replaying corrupted scenarios. Let it go.
4. You wouldn’t pretend it didn’t hurt if you stubbed your toe. Emotional pain is just as valid as physical pain and you should never be ashamed of it. You are allowed to feel your feelings too. Your emotions are valid.
5. To that one soul reading this, I know you’re tired. You’re fed up. You’re so close to breaking but there’s strength within you even when you feel weak. Keep fighting.
6. A hero is one who heals their own wounds and then shows others how to do the same.
7. Don’t count the days. Make the days count.
8. I bent until I damn near broke. But that’s the things about resilience…It shows up just as your soul begins to cry, and catapults your strength into over drive.
9. What is a Goddess? A woman who is in the process of learning to know, accept and love herself on all levels, Mind Body and Spirit. A woman who, because she focuses on personal growth and self awareness, experiences a life, increasingly filled with peace, love, joy, passion and fun. A woman that understands that she has unlimited capacity to make her life anything she wants. A woman who is inspired to give to those around her because of her sense of gratitude and abundance.
10. Every time you change anything in your life, even the smallest and most inconsequential thing, it produces a ripple effect that touches everything else. Nothing is the same as before. If you do this enough, you wake up one day to realize you’ve shed the old layers tethering you to the past, and become an entirely new person almost effortlessly. This is because you were waiting for a breakthrough when what you needed was in microshift.
You can take your “I’m okay” hat off now. It’s just me. Fall apart. I’m not going anywhere.
2. It’s all connected. Your gifts, your circumstances, your purpose, your imperfections; your journey, your destiny. It’s molding you. Embrace it.
3. Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
4. Some day we will find what we are looking for. Or maybe not. Maybe we’ll find something much greater than that.
5. When you see a chance, take it.
6. I am not impressed by beauty anymore. It is not difficult or extraordinary to turn someone on. However, if you have the ability to inspire me, if you have the ability to stimulate my mind and stir my thoughts – well, that makes you magic.
7. Let yourself fail. And try again.
8. If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.
9. There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world, because you realize there is so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on.
10. What we have to remember is that we can still do anything. We can change our minds. We can start over. The notion that it’s too late to do anything is comical. It’s hilarious. We can’t. We must not lose this sense of possibility because in the end, it’s all we have.