WELCOME to Functional Rustic! Thanks for Stopping by. Reward yourself by seeing all that Functional Rustic has to offer. Explore Handmade Rustic Decor in the Store, Try a DIY Tutorial, Read Inspirational Quotes & Visit the Muscovy Ducks. So much to experience!
The strongest actions for a woman is to love herself, be herself and shine amongst those who never believed she could.
2. The soul has been given its own ears to hear things the mind does not understand.
3. The sign of a beautiful person is that they always see beauty in others.
4. The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
5. The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It’s about what you’re made of, not the circumstances.
6. There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.
7. There is a difference between giving up and knowing when you’ve had enough.
8. There comes a point where it all becomes too much. When we get too tired to fight anymore. So we give up. That’s when the real work begins. To find hope where there seems to be absolutely none at all.
9. There are some people who always seem angry and continuously look for conflict. Walk away; the battle they are fighting isn’t with you, it is with themselves.
This morning, let go of everything you didn’t do right, the negative things people have said, and focus on all you are becoming.
2. Being happy is a very personal thing – and it really has nothing to do with anyone else.
3. Have the courage to be disliked.
4. I do not think I’m easy to define. I have a wandering mind. And I’m not anything that you think I am.
5. Letting go is not releasing. It is allowing what already is.
6. It’s a very powerful thing when someone sees you as the person you wish you were.
7. To the woman reading this with a restless soul and an aching heart I want you to know that sometimes you have to break down in order to break through.
8. Every morning, we get a chance to be different. A chance to change. A chance to be better. Your past is your past. Leave it there. Get on with the future part.
9. You say you u love rain but you open your umbrella. You say you love the sun but you find a shadow spot. You say you love wind but you close your windows. This is why I am afraid when you say you love me.
10. I cannot fix you. I can only show you how I use the wrench, how I turn the bolts, how I put mistakes in a belt and make them tools, how I look the machine in the face, call it unfinished, call it beautiful and give it my name.
When I was 5 my mother always told me happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up. I wrote down “happy”. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life.
2. You are the series of mistakes that had to happen for you to find your you.
3. Each of us is a story, waiting or a devoted reader who will take us off the shelf and embrace all our plot twists.
4. Intimacy is not who you let touch you. Intimacy is who you text at 3 am about your dreams and fears. Intimacy is giving someone your attention, when ten other people are asking for it. Intimacy is the person always in the back of your mind, no matter how distracted you are.
5. Hold company with yourself so sacred that even when you are alone, you are whole.
6. Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My god do you learn.
7. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about taking chances, and how it’s really just about overcoming your fears. Because the truth is, every time you take a big risk in your life, no matter how it ends up, you’re always glad you took it.
8. In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.
9. No one else can heal you the way you heal yourself. That is your own special magic.
10. Exit gracefully. Heal and grow. Don’t look back.
We cling to music, to poems, to quotes, to writing, to art because we desperately do not want to be alone. We want to know we aren’t going crazy and someone else out there knows exactly how you’re feeling. We want someone to explain the things we can’t.
2. Life becomes more meaningful when you realize the simple fact that you’ll never get the same moment twice.
3. I’ve always loved the idea of not being what people expect me to be.
4. Be brave enough to heal yourself even when it hurts.
5. There’s a story behind every person. There’s a reason why they’re the way they are. They aren’t just like that because they want to be. Something in the past created them, and sometimes it’s impossible to fix.
6. I think it’s beautiful the way you sparkle when you talk about the things you love.
7. Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
8. I find it amusing that we’re all pretending to be normal when we could be insanely interesting instead.
9. It takes guts, real guts, to face your fears instead of run from them.
10. I’m learning that I don’t always have to make noise to be seen, that even my silence has a spine, a rumble and says, I’m here in its native tongue.
Taking time to do nothing often brings everything into perspective.
2. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
3. Strength grows in the moments when you think you can’t go on but you keep going anyway.
4. Stop shrinking yourself to fit places you’ve outgrown.
5. Sometimes the place you are used to is not the place you belong.
6. Some people will always have something to say and nothing to contribute.
7. Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
8. Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.
9. So grateful for so much.
10. Simply let things arise and unfold naturally instead of formulating expectations and worrying. Things usually turn out just perfectly.