WELCOME to Functional Rustic! Thanks for Stopping by. Reward yourself by seeing all that Functional Rustic has to offer. Explore Handmade Rustic Decor in the Store, Try a DIY Tutorial, Read Inspirational Quotes & Visit the Muscovy Ducks. So much to experience!
2. Just because you took longer than others, doesn’t mean you failed. Remember that.
3. Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here.
4. Celebrate what’s working. Address what’s not.
5. I have the deepest affection for intellectual conversations. The ability to just sit and talk. About love, about life, about anything, about everything. To sit under the moon with all the time in the world, the full-speed train that is our lives slowing to a crawl. Bound by no obligations, barred by no human limitations. To speak without regret or fear of consequence. To talk for hours and about what’s really important in life.
6. Those who tried to break you are expecting you to be in fight mode. Conquer them with your peace.
7. If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.
8. You are so busy being you that you have no idea how utterly unprecedented you are.
9. I truly appeciate kindness. I appreciate people checking up on me. I appreciate a quick message, I appreciate those who ask if I’m okay, I appreciate every single person in my life who has tried to brighten my days. It’s the little things that matter the most.
10. You are not born a winner; you are not born a loser. You are born a chooser.
Why? Because some people are just terrible human beings, and terrible people do terrible things. If you’re racking your brain trying to understand it, it just means you’re not one of those terrible people.
2. A wise woman once said, “Fuck this shit” and she lived happily ever after.
3. The very idea that you’re too kind, too sensitive, too emotional, too enthusiastic, too loving is bat-shit proposterous.
4. Talent is a pursued interest. Anything that you’re willing to practice, you can do.
5. Breakups hurt, but losing someone who doesn’t respect and appreciate you is actually a gain, not a loss.
6. Keep on being you. Keep on doing those beautiful impactful honest things you do. Out here in this crazy world we need more people like you.
7. You will get there when you are meant to get there and not a moment sooner. So just relax, breathe and be patient.
8. The older I get, the more I appreciate being home doing absolutely nothing.
9. As an adult, I can quite literally do whatever I want to, but I always end up wanting to just go home.
10. The universe is always speaking to us… Sending us little messages, causing coincidences and serendipities, reminding us to stop, to look around, to believe in something else, something more.
Sometimes, you just need a break. In a beautiful place. Alone. To figure everything out.
2. I like people with emotional and intellectual depth, people that speak with passion from their inner twisted mind.
3. Somewhere in the universe exists a past version of yourself who is watching you with tears running down their face, staring in a state of complete awe that you have come as far as you have. The worry, the fear and the pain that existed in the years between the two of you is gone now. It has been transformed into hope, into faith, into complete belief that you are capable of building a life so good, you wouldnt even know to wish for it.
4. The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy peole to dumb people.
5. Sometimes the best way to be happy is to learn to let go of things you tried hard to hol on to that are no longer good for you.
6. Give. But don’t allow yourself to be used. Love. But don’t allow your heart to be abused. Trust. But don’t be naive. Listen. But don’t lose your own voice.
7. Note to self: Even when it seems personal, rarely do people do things because of you, they do things because of them. You know this is true. You may not be able to control all the things people say and do to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.
8. I don’t know where I’m going from here but I promise it won’t be boring.
9. Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision.
10. One day you’ll look back and see that all along you were blooming.
Love yourself instead of loving the idea of other people loving you.
2. I’m not impressed by money, social status or job title. I’m impressed by the way someone treats other human beings.
3. If anyone had a not so good day today – do your best to rock that shit tomorrow. Life is too short for two days of bullshit in a row.
4. Success is no accident. It is hard work. Perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.
5. I know my darkness. It is a very real part of me I will never deny. I am neither afraid or ashamed of it. Without it I wouldn’t know my light.
6. Worrying is like a rocking chair. It give you something to do but gets you nowhere.
7. Love your fucking life. Take pictures of everything. Tell people you love them. Talk to random strangers. Do things that you’re scared to do. Fuck it, because so many of us die and no one remembers a thing we did. Take your life and make it the best story in the world. Don’t waste that shit.
8. Life itself is a privilege, but to live life to the fullest – well, that is a choice.
9. When thinking about life, remember this; no amount of guilt can change the past. No amount of anxiety can change the future.
10. F.E.A.R. has two meanings. Forget Everything And Run or Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours.
I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy. I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.
2. Actually, life is beautiful and I have time.
3. It’s quite possible things will turn out far better than you could imagine.
4. People with purpose, goals, and visions have no time for drama. They invest their energy in creativity and focus on living a positive life.
5. When there’s nothing left to burn, be the rain who brings everything good back to life.
6. The universe is going to give you the exact same lesson in different versions over again until you master it. This is one of the most single important laws you can learn about the nature of reality. Everything else builds upon this.
7. I hope you find someone who speaks your language so you don’t have to spend a lifetime translating your spirit.
8. It took letting go to realize that I wass holding onto nothing.
9. At some point in your life you’re going to have to start demanding what you deserve and be willing to walk away if what you require can’t be provided.
10. Do not lower your standards. You deserve good things.
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. Do the thing you think you cannot do.
2. I love the way she survived. Survival looked good on her. There were no dark marks under her eyes. Maybe deep inside, but I liked the way she looked through them and laughed at life. She did it gracefully. She’d walked over glass and through fire, but still smiled. And, honestly, I’m not interested in people who haven’t lived and died a few times. Who haven’t yet had their heart ripped out, or know what it feels like to lose everything. I trust those people, because they stand for something. I knew what she’d been through. I wanted to thank her for surviving. And her to know she now had someone willing to stand with her too.
3. There are four things in this life that will change you. Love, music art and loss. The first three will keep you wild and full of passion. May you allow the last to make you brave.
4. Ships don’t sink because of the water around them; ships sink because of the water that gets in them. Don’t let what’s happening around you get inside you and weigh you down.
5. Let me be crystal clear: if you’ve fasced a tragedy and somene tells you in any way, shape or form that your tragedy was meant to be, that it happend for a reason, that it will make you a better person, or that taking responsibility for it will fix it, you have every right to remove them from your life. Grief is brutally painful. Grief does not only occur when somone dies. When relationships fall apart, you grieve, When opportunities are shattered, you grieve. When dreams die, you grieve. When illnesses wreck you, you grieve. So I’m going to repeat a few words I’ve uttered countless times; words so powerful and honest they tear at the hubris of every jackass who participates in the debasing of the grieving” Some things in life cannot be fixed. They can only be carried.
6. Life is so subtle sometimes that you barely notice yourself walking through the doors you once prayed would open.
7. I’m standing in the ashes of who I used to be.
8. With kindness she kills them; with strength she buries them.
9. Some thought she slipped into madness for the way she changed. She thought it was madness to live the life she once did.
10. Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
2. Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about their problems.
3. It’s better this way. I little lonlier but better.
4. Eliminate everything that gives you conflicted feelings. Embrace the things that resonate with your soul.
5. True humility is staying teachable, regardless of how much you already know.
6. Rewinding time is not possible, but do-over’s are, sometimes we get another chance to do something right the second time that we got wrong the first time.
7. Don’t carry your mistakes around with you. Instead, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones to rise above them.
8. She was so much better at being alone; being alone came more naturally to her. She led a life of deliberate solitude, and if occasional loneliness crept in, she knew how to work her way out… Or even better, how to sink in and absorb its particular comforts.
9. So, if you are too tired to speak, sit next to me, because I, too, am fluent in silence.
10. There is nothing stronger than a woman who has rebuilt herself.
1.The trick is, you have to want to experience great, deep, soul-shattering love more than you want to protect yourself from hurt. Because truthfully, we can never guarantee we won’t get hurt, but what we can guarantee is that in the process of protecting ourselves, we will also be preventing ourselves from ever feeling fully loved.
2. Allow yourself to be a beginner. No one starts off beign excellent.
3. We cannot start over, but we can begin now, and make a new ending.
4. In a world where everyone wears a mask, it’s a privilege to see a soul.
5. Because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.
6. Stop getting distracted by things that have nothing to do with your goals.
7. When you have to start compromising yourself or your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
8. Chin up princess or the crown slips.
9. If there’s even a slight chance at getting something that will make you happy, risk it. Life’s too short, and happiness is too rare.
10. In 20 years you will be more disappointed by what you didn’t do than by what you did.
3. What you should look for in a partner is someone who grounds your ego but lifts you spirit, who moves you to persue your wildest dreams but reels you back to reality when you need it, who applauds you on the rewards of your successes but never allows you to lose sight of the reason you started.
4. Be the one who nurtuers and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart one who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them.
5. Actions prove who someone is, words just prove who they pretend to be.
6. Babe, stop letting your potential go to waste because you don’t feel confident or ready enough. People with half your talent are making serious waves while you’re still waiting to feel ready.
7. Stop thinking so hard about everything, stop over analyzing. Just go. Just do. If it feels right, just go with the flow. If it feels wrong, don’t think about it anymore and walk away.
8. Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.