WELCOME to Functional Rustic! Thanks for Stopping by. Reward yourself by seeing all that Functional Rustic has to offer. Explore Handmade Rustic Decor in the Store, Try a DIY Tutorial, Read Inspirational Quotes & Visit the Muscovy Ducks. So much to experience!
I am Sarah Palmer and through Functional Rustic I provide DIY enthusiasts with inspiration, motivation and guidance. Also I build stuff in my Muscovy Duck Barn and sell it. Through this blog I will share tutorials to guide readers through building their own pallet and wood creations, share my adventures in raising Muscovy Ducks, share how and why I left my career in Social Work to start my own repurposing business and share the lessons I'm learning along the way in growing an online business.
But when it’s love… when it asks you to come along, it will not ask you to leave yourself behind.
2. Don’t play the victim to circumstances you created.
3. The women whom I love and admire for their strength and grace did not get that way because shit worked out. They got that way because shit went wrong, and they handled it. They handled it in a thousand different ways on a thousand different days, but they handled it. Those women are my superheroes.
4. Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
5. Until I’m ready let me be. I have to heal myself.
6. I’m never sure if I actually have free time or if I just keep forgetting shit.
7. Tired of trying to cram her sparkly star-shaped self into society’s beige square holes, she chose to embrace her ridiculous awesomeness and shine like the freaking supernova she was meant to be.
8. Dear life: Whatever motherfucker. Whatever.
9. She walks through hell with a smile because she owns her demons.
10. My life isn’t perfect, but it does have perfect moments.
Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, what, you too? I thought I was the only one.
2. I can’t be shaken anymore, by anyone. I’ve got to that point in my life that if you’re not a good person, and you can’t make me feel good with love and life, then fuck off, basically.
3. Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy.
4. I cannot stand the words ‘get over it’. All of us are under such presssure to put our problems in the past tense. Slow down. Don’t allow others to hurry your healing. It is a process, one that may take years, occasionally even a lifetime, and that’s OK.
5. You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free.
6. Sometimes, happy memories hurt the most.
7. Be a reflection of what you’d like to receive. If you want love, give love. If you want truth, be truthful. If you want respect, give respect. What you give out will always return.
8. I think you’ve really got to wait and see how things play out. Sometimes a decision you might consider a regret or failure in the present can turn out to be the catalyst for something extraordinary in the end. Some of life’s wildest journeys being with a wrong turn.
9. Here, hold my morals. I’ve got some sketchy shit to take care of.
10. If your absence doesn’t affect them, your presence never mattered.
And what do the flower buds pushing up from the broken earth say about you? We break to grow.
2. Being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure.
3. If you see beauty in something, don’t wait for others to agree.
4. It’s okay if you fall apart sometimes. Tacos fall apart and we still love them.
5. This is what I know: In this life, a steady love, and a place to call home, are far more precious than all the earthly possessions and wealth in the world.
6. I can tell a a lot about a person by what they choose to see in me. It’s always a game changer.
7. Let me do all the good I can, to all the peopple I can, as often as I can, for I shall not pass this way again.
8. When the dust settles and you can finally look in the mirror at the woman who survived through it all, through the failures, through the flaws, you’ll realize that even as fragile as you are – you’re still unbreakable.
9. Do not kid yourself, a conflict is never about the surface issue. It’s about ones unsaid, untreated, and unheald wounds.
10. When one’s expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have.
3. This life has been a landscape of pain and still flowers bloom in it.
4. Surround yourself with people who strengthen your character, and remove yourself from people who compromise your character.
5. People who say “go big or go home” seriously underestimate my willingness to go home. Like, it’s literally my only goal.
6. Make sure you don’t start seeing yourself through the eyes of those who don’t value you. Know your worth even if they don’t.
7. Don’t spend another year doing the same shit.
8. We’ve got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it.
9. It’s OK to feel unsure. It’s fine to not know. Keep in mind that uncertainty doesn’t last forever. Clarity always shows up for us.
10. “Are you busy tomorrow?” That entirely depends on the rest of the information you’re about to give me.
Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.
2. She’s a simple woman, made to look complicated by a man who isn’t man enough to provide the things she deserves.
3. You are the universe, expressing itself as a human for a little while.
4. How brave of her to walk away knowing that her heart would take a hit. So brave of her to choose herself over someone who stopped appreciating everything she is.
5. You may not end up where you thought you were going, but you will always end up where you were meant to be.
6. There will be moments in life when showing up for yourself will mean leaving behind the people who don’t.
7. Consider becoming the type of energy that no matter where you go, or where you are, you always add value to the spaces and lives of those around you.
8. I can say with great certainty and absolute honesty that I did not know what love was until I knew what love was not.
9. To know what a person has done, and to know who a person is, are very different things.
10. “Sorry” works when a mistake is made, but not when trust is broken. So, in life, make mistakes but never break trust. Because forgiving is easy, but forgetting and trusting again is sometimes impossible.
My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me, and think of me. I am what I am, and I do what I do. I expect nothing, and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
2. The good news is, I’m pretty much who I say I am. The bad news is, I’m pretty much who I say I am.
3. We are all better versions of ourselves when we are loved.
4. Don’t use your energy to worry. Use your energy to believe.
5. Never say sorry for being honest.
6. Energy is currency. When you ‘pay’ attention to something, you’re buying an experience – it’s an investment so ‘spend’ carefully and only on things that will bring you a good return. Be selective. Treat your time with as much care as your finances. It’s equally as valuable.
7. An unhealed person can find offense in pretty much anything someone does. A healed person understands that the actions of others has absolutely nothing to do with them. Each day you get to decide which one you will be.
8. And the more she loved herself, the simpler it became for her, and the more complex it became for everyone else.
9. When you are a pure soul, you do not lose people, people lose you.