WELCOME to Functional Rustic! Thanks for Stopping by. Reward yourself by seeing all that Functional Rustic has to offer. Explore Handmade Rustic Decor in the Store, Try a DIY Tutorial, Read Inspirational Quotes & Visit the Muscovy Ducks. So much to experience!
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. Do the thing you think you cannot do.
2. I love the way she survived. Survival looked good on her. There were no dark marks under her eyes. Maybe deep inside, but I liked the way she looked through them and laughed at life. She did it gracefully. She’d walked over glass and through fire, but still smiled. And, honestly, I’m not interested in people who haven’t lived and died a few times. Who haven’t yet had their heart ripped out, or know what it feels like to lose everything. I trust those people, because they stand for something. I knew what she’d been through. I wanted to thank her for surviving. And her to know she now had someone willing to stand with her too.
3. There are four things in this life that will change you. Love, music art and loss. The first three will keep you wild and full of passion. May you allow the last to make you brave.
4. Ships don’t sink because of the water around them; ships sink because of the water that gets in them. Don’t let what’s happening around you get inside you and weigh you down.
5. Let me be crystal clear: if you’ve fasced a tragedy and somene tells you in any way, shape or form that your tragedy was meant to be, that it happend for a reason, that it will make you a better person, or that taking responsibility for it will fix it, you have every right to remove them from your life. Grief is brutally painful. Grief does not only occur when somone dies. When relationships fall apart, you grieve, When opportunities are shattered, you grieve. When dreams die, you grieve. When illnesses wreck you, you grieve. So I’m going to repeat a few words I’ve uttered countless times; words so powerful and honest they tear at the hubris of every jackass who participates in the debasing of the grieving” Some things in life cannot be fixed. They can only be carried.
6. Life is so subtle sometimes that you barely notice yourself walking through the doors you once prayed would open.
7. I’m standing in the ashes of who I used to be.
8. With kindness she kills them; with strength she buries them.
9. Some thought she slipped into madness for the way she changed. She thought it was madness to live the life she once did.
10. Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.