WELCOME to Functional Rustic! Thanks for Stopping by. Reward yourself by seeing all that Functional Rustic has to offer. Explore Handmade Rustic Decor in the Store, Try a DIY Tutorial, Read Inspirational Quotes & Visit the Muscovy Ducks. So much to experience!
Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, what, you too? I thought I was the only one.
2. I can’t be shaken anymore, by anyone. I’ve got to that point in my life that if you’re not a good person, and you can’t make me feel good with love and life, then fuck off, basically.
3. Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy.
4. I cannot stand the words ‘get over it’. All of us are under such presssure to put our problems in the past tense. Slow down. Don’t allow others to hurry your healing. It is a process, one that may take years, occasionally even a lifetime, and that’s OK.
5. You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free.
6. Sometimes, happy memories hurt the most.
7. Be a reflection of what you’d like to receive. If you want love, give love. If you want truth, be truthful. If you want respect, give respect. What you give out will always return.
8. I think you’ve really got to wait and see how things play out. Sometimes a decision you might consider a regret or failure in the present can turn out to be the catalyst for something extraordinary in the end. Some of life’s wildest journeys being with a wrong turn.
9. Here, hold my morals. I’ve got some sketchy shit to take care of.
10. If your absence doesn’t affect them, your presence never mattered.
And what do the flower buds pushing up from the broken earth say about you? We break to grow.
2. Being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure.
3. If you see beauty in something, don’t wait for others to agree.
4. It’s okay if you fall apart sometimes. Tacos fall apart and we still love them.
5. This is what I know: In this life, a steady love, and a place to call home, are far more precious than all the earthly possessions and wealth in the world.
6. I can tell a a lot about a person by what they choose to see in me. It’s always a game changer.
7. Let me do all the good I can, to all the peopple I can, as often as I can, for I shall not pass this way again.
8. When the dust settles and you can finally look in the mirror at the woman who survived through it all, through the failures, through the flaws, you’ll realize that even as fragile as you are – you’re still unbreakable.
9. Do not kid yourself, a conflict is never about the surface issue. It’s about ones unsaid, untreated, and unheald wounds.
10. When one’s expectations are reduced to zero, one really appreciates everything one does have.
3. This life has been a landscape of pain and still flowers bloom in it.
4. Surround yourself with people who strengthen your character, and remove yourself from people who compromise your character.
5. People who say “go big or go home” seriously underestimate my willingness to go home. Like, it’s literally my only goal.
6. Make sure you don’t start seeing yourself through the eyes of those who don’t value you. Know your worth even if they don’t.
7. Don’t spend another year doing the same shit.
8. We’ve got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it.
9. It’s OK to feel unsure. It’s fine to not know. Keep in mind that uncertainty doesn’t last forever. Clarity always shows up for us.
10. “Are you busy tomorrow?” That entirely depends on the rest of the information you’re about to give me.
Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.
2. She’s a simple woman, made to look complicated by a man who isn’t man enough to provide the things she deserves.
3. You are the universe, expressing itself as a human for a little while.
4. How brave of her to walk away knowing that her heart would take a hit. So brave of her to choose herself over someone who stopped appreciating everything she is.
5. You may not end up where you thought you were going, but you will always end up where you were meant to be.
6. There will be moments in life when showing up for yourself will mean leaving behind the people who don’t.
7. Consider becoming the type of energy that no matter where you go, or where you are, you always add value to the spaces and lives of those around you.
8. I can say with great certainty and absolute honesty that I did not know what love was until I knew what love was not.
9. To know what a person has done, and to know who a person is, are very different things.
10. “Sorry” works when a mistake is made, but not when trust is broken. So, in life, make mistakes but never break trust. Because forgiving is easy, but forgetting and trusting again is sometimes impossible.
My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me, and think of me. I am what I am, and I do what I do. I expect nothing, and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
2. The good news is, I’m pretty much who I say I am. The bad news is, I’m pretty much who I say I am.
3. We are all better versions of ourselves when we are loved.
4. Don’t use your energy to worry. Use your energy to believe.
5. Never say sorry for being honest.
6. Energy is currency. When you ‘pay’ attention to something, you’re buying an experience – it’s an investment so ‘spend’ carefully and only on things that will bring you a good return. Be selective. Treat your time with as much care as your finances. It’s equally as valuable.
7. An unhealed person can find offense in pretty much anything someone does. A healed person understands that the actions of others has absolutely nothing to do with them. Each day you get to decide which one you will be.
8. And the more she loved herself, the simpler it became for her, and the more complex it became for everyone else.
9. When you are a pure soul, you do not lose people, people lose you.
2. It’s during the toughest times of your life that you’ll get to see the true colors of the people who say they care about you. Notice who sticks around and who doesn’t, and be gratful to those who leave you, for they have given you the room to grow in the space they abandonded, and the awareness to appreciate the people who loved you when you didn’t feel lovable. Bottom line: be OK with giving the gift of your absence to those who do not appreciate and respect your presence.
3. Behind every strong, independent woman lies a broken little girl who had to learn how to get back up and to never depend on anyone.
4. Whatever you are not changing you are choosing. Read that again.
5. Sometimes, not saying anything is the best answer. You see, silence can never be misquoted.
6. And just as the Phoenix rose from the ashes, she too will rise. Returning from the flames, clothed in nothing but her strength, more beautiful than ever before.
7. Life is better when you cry a little, laught a lot, and are thankful for everything you’ve got.
8. You are the CEO of your life. Hire, fire and promote accordingly.
9. The smartest thing a woman can ever learn, is to never need a man.
10. For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
Learn the art of saying no. Don’t lie. Don’t make excuses. Don’t over explain yourself. Just simply decline.
2. The five types of people you should surround yourself with: the inspired, the passionate, the motivated, the grateful, and the open minded.
3. A shark in a fish tank will grow 8 inches, but in the ocean it will grow 8 ft or more. The shark will never out grow its environment, and the same is true about you. Many times we’re around small thinking people, so we don’t grow. Change your environment and watch your growth.
4. You are enough. It’s ridiculous how enough you are.
5. I really, really think the secret to being loved is to love. And the secret to being interesting is to be interested. And the secret to having a friend is being a friend.
6. Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.
7. When you get, give. When you learn, teach.
8. Some of the best moments are never capatured by cameras and are not posted in any social media platforms. They are kept in private and are cherished together with the best people.
9. You don’t have to be positive all the time. It’s perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated, scared, or anxious. Having feelings doesn’t make you a ‘negative person’. It makes you human.
10. There is a purpose for everyone you meet. Some people come into your life to test you, some to teach you, some to use you, and some to bring out the very best in you.
You owe it to yourself to become everything you’ve ever dreamed of being.
2. A woman that realizes her worth is a dangerous woman.
3. If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.
4. Take chances, take a lot of them. Beause honestly, no matter where you end up and with whom, it always ends up just the way it should be. Your mistakes make you who you are. You learn and grow with each choice you make. Everything is worth it. Say how you feel, always be you, and be okay with it.
5. The effect you have on others is the most valuable currency there is.
6. Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.
7. If there is something that you desire and it is not coming to you, it always means the same thing. You are not a vibrational match to your own desire.
8. Integrity gives you real freedom because you have nothing to fear since you have nothing to hide.