WELCOME to Functional Rustic! Thanks for Stopping by. Reward yourself by seeing all that Functional Rustic has to offer. Explore Handmade Rustic Decor in the Store, Try a DIY Tutorial, Read Inspirational Quotes & Visit the Muscovy Ducks. So much to experience!
Five types of people you want to surround yourself with: the inspired, the passionate, the motivated, the grateful and the open minded.
2. There’s a way to do it better – find it.
3. Angry is just sad’s bodyguard.
4. Usually, what you wish for doesn’t fall in your lap; it falls somewhere nearby, and you have to recognize it, stand up, and put in the time and work it takes to get it. This isn’t because the universe is cruel. It’s because the universe is smart. It has its own cat-string theory and knows we don’t appreciate things that fall into our laps.
5. The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.
6. Everyone wants a strong woman until she actually stands up, flexes her muscles, projects her voice. Suddenly, she is too much. She has forgotten her place. You love those women as ideas, fantasies. Not as breathing, living humans threatening to be even better than you could ever be.
7. You may not be able to control someone’s negative behavior. But you can control how long you participate in it.
8. Healing doesn’t have to look magical or pretty. Real healing is hard, exhausting and draining. Let yourself go through it. Don’t try to paint it as anything other than what it is. Be there for yourself with no judgement.
9. Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position.
10. The woman whom I love and admire for their strength and grace did not get that way because shit worked out. They got that way because shit went wrong, and they handled it. They handled it in a thousand different days, but they handled it. Those women are my superheroes.