WELCOME to Functional Rustic! Thanks for Stopping by. Reward yourself by seeing all that Functional Rustic has to offer. Explore Handmade Rustic Decor in the Store, Try a DIY Tutorial, Read Inspirational Quotes & Visit the Muscovy Ducks. So much to experience!
There are parts of me that will always remain untamable, messy and reckless; but if refuse to apologize for it anymore.
2. She’s whiskey in a teacup.
3. So, do it. Decide. Is this the life you want to live? Is this the person you want to love? Is this the best you can be? Can you be stronger? Kinder? More compassionate? Decide. Breathe in. Breathe out and decide.
4. Aspire not to have more but to be more.
5. Crawl inside this body, find me where I am most ruined – love me there.
6. The best part about life? Every morning you have a new opportunity to become a happier version of yourself.
7. If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.
8. The finest souls are those who gulped pain and avoided making others taste it.
9. Consider becoming the type of energy that no matter where you go, or where you are, you always add value to the spaces and lives of those around you.
10. Here is how I spend my days now. I live in a beautiful place. I sleep in a beautiful bed. I eat beautiful food. I go for walks through beautiful places. I care for people deeply. At night my bed is full of love, because I alone am in it. I cry easily, from pain and pleasure, and I don’t apologize for that. In the mornings I step outside and I’m thankful for another day. It took me many years to arrive at such a life.
What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.
2. When you’re filled with self love you make better choices.
3. You have two homes, Earth & your body. Take care of them.
4. You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grieve that softened you, at the heartache that wisened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.
5. She was beautifully out of place. Sometimes I believe she intended to be. Like the moon during the day.
6. If you can do better, do better.
7. Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow.
8. Some people could be given an entire field of roses and only see the thorns in it. Others could be given a single weed and only see the wildflower in it. Perception is a key component to gratitude. And gratitude is a key componenet to joy.
9. Practice the pause. Pause before judging. Pause before assuming. Pause before accusing. Pause whenever you’re about to react harshly and you’ll avoid doing and saying things you’ll later regret.
10. People can only meet you as deeply as they’ve met themselves. Work on becoming the best version of yourself; then will you attract others who are blooming, into your life. Heal yourself first.
Energy is contagious, positive and negative alike. I will forever be mindful of what and who I am allowing into my space.
2. Even if you can’t physically see the results in front of you, every single effort is changing your body from the inside. Never get discouraged.
3. 6 months of hardcore focus and alignment can put you 5 years ahaed in life. Don’t underestimate the power of consistency and desire. You have what it takes to become the best that you can be. Don’t ever doubt yourself. Harness your power. Exceed your expectations.
4. What you are is a complicated girl with simple needs. You need your books and time to read, and you need a few friends and you nee someone – not to take care of you, but to care for you. If you have all those things, you’ll always be alright.
5. This is just the beginning. And it’s only going to get better from here.
6. Your future is crated by what you do today not tomorrow.
7. What doesn’t kill you gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a dark sense of humor.
8. When there is nothing left to say, lift your head up high, smile, and walk away.
9. You can give a person knowledge, but you can’t make them think. Some people want to remain fools, only because they truth requires change.
10. You do not have to be productive. You do not have to look for the positives in everything. You can take a break. You can feel angry, annoyed, frustrated, disappointed, sad or whatever you need to feel. You can just be or to grieve what you might have been.
Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
2. Go for it. Whether it ends good or bad, it was an experience.
3. Don’t kill flowers growing inside of you for someone who doesn’t appreciate the way you bloom.
4. Courage is an inner resolution to go forward despite obstacles.
5. Don’t let your fear of what could happen, make nothing happen.
6. Anyone who genuinely and consistently with both hands looks for something, will find it.
7. Being okay if it happens and okay if it doesn’t is a very powerful place to be.
8. The irony is that we attempt to disown our difficult stores to appear more whole or more acceptable, but our wholeness – even our whole-hearetedness – actually depens on the integration of all of our experiences, including the falls.
9. Decide. So do it. Decide. Is this the life you want to live? Is this the person you want to love? Is this the best version you can be? Can you be stronger? Kinder, more compassionate? Decide. Breathe in. Breathe out and decide.
10. Remember, most of your stress comes from the way you responed, not the way life is. Adjust your attitudue. Change how you see things. Look for the good in all situations. Take the lesson and find new opportunities to grow. Let all the extra stress, worrying and overthinking go.
Stop worrying if other people like you. Do you like you?
2. I crave space. It charges my batteries. It helps me breathe. Being around people can be so exhausting, because most of them love to take and barely know how to give. Except for a rare few.
3. You are not fat. You have fat. You also have fingernails but you are not fingernails.
4. Always say “my peace is more important” when you find yourself reacting to something that doesn’t deserve your energy. Prioritize your inner wellness and cultivate an active mindset of peace by conciously deciding that you’ll elevate higher than any situation that arises.
5. Have the courage to be disliked.
6. Staying positive does not mean that things will turn out okay. Rather, it is knowing that you will be okay no matter how things go out.
7. Find your equal, not your whole.
8. One of the most challenging things I’ve had to learn is that healing must be intentional. There is no one golden day that comes and saves you from all your misery. Healing is a practice. You have to decide that it’s what you want to do and actively do it. You have to make a habit out of it. Once I learned that, I only looked back to see how far I came.
9. A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
10. Be the kind of person who isn’t afraid to ask someone if they are okay twice if they say they are, but look like they aren’t. Be the kind of person who smiles at people even if they don’t smile back. Be the kind of person you wished for when no one was there for you. Be the kind of person who is brave enough to stand alone in a crowd for what is right. Be that person because we need more people like that in the world. Be that person because people like that are rarer than the rarest diamonds and gold.
As for my girls, I’ll raise them to think they breathe fire.
2. Whatever you are not changing you are choosing. Read that again.
3. Just let go. Let go of how you thought your life should be, and embrace the life that is trying to work its way into your consciousness.
4. Healing is a choice. It’s not an easy one, because it takes work to turn around your habits, but keep making the choice and shifts will happen.
5. Honesty is a very expensive gift. Don’t expect it from cheap people.
6. Instead of saying ‘have a nice day’, I think I’ll start saying ‘have the day you deserve’. You know, let karma sort that shit out.
7. Everyone makes mistakes in life, but it doesn’t mean they have to pay for them for the rest of their life. Sometimes good people make bad choices. It doesn’t mean they are bad. It means they are human.
8. Be confused, it’s where you begin to learn new things. Be broken, it’s where you begin to heal. Be frustrated, it’s where you start to make more authentic decisions. Be sad, because if we are brave enough we can hear our hearts wisdom through it. Be whatever you are right now. No more hiding. You are worthy, always.
9. All I know is that my life is better when I assume that people are doing their best. It keeps me out of judgement and lets me focus on what is, and not what should or could be.
10. It is quite simple. When it comes to anything in life – relationships, friedships, the work you do, the art you make – when it comes to anything, if it does not create an avalanche within your chest, if it does not move you, and inspire you, if it does not come from the deepest part of who you are, it is not for you. It is not for you.
3. Happiness is not something you can chase. It is something you have to allow.
4. Staying low key will literally solve half your problems.
5. Eventually, everything connects.
6. Fall in love with the process of becoming the very best version of yourself.
7. She might be down to earth and rooted in reality by her responsibilities, but her soul is a wild one; always set on finding magic in sunsets and sunrises that others take for granted.
8. The only one qualified to throw a stone didn’t.
9. The relationship you have with yourself is the most complicated one because you can’t walk away from you. You have to forgive every mistake and deal with every flaw. You have to find a way to love you even when you are disgusted with you.
10. You know what? Yes, I’ve changed. I’m not as nice as I used to be, because I don’t want to get used or walked over. I don’t want to get used or walked over. I don’t trust everyone and tell them my secrets, because behind every fake smile there’s a backstabber. I distance myself from people because in the end, they’re only going to leave. I have changed because I have realized that I’m the only person I can depend on.
Sometimes the hardest person to walk away from is the person you’ve always assumed you were.
2. Had I not created my whole world, I would certainly have died in others people’s.
3. Surround yourself with people who add value to your life. Who challenge you to be greater than you were yesterday. People who sprinkle magic into your existence, just like you do to theirs. Life isn’t meant to be done alone. Find your tribe, and journey freely and loyally together.
4. Some people are just pure magic. That’s all.
5. You deserve to be in spaces and relationships that make you happy, that feed your soul and help you grow. You are worthy of connections that are loving, nourishing, kind, and authentic. So before you settle for anything less than, remind yourself that the places you visit, and the people you journey with through life, should make you feel safe, loved, and enough.
6. Every morning, we get a chance to be different. A chance to change. A chance to be better. Your past is your past. Leave it there. Get on with the future part.
7. She’s clarity and confusion. Never enough. Always too much. A simple, complicated, perfectly flawed mess.
8. You should know that a period of isolation is often required before a massive breakthrough. You are here to shed layers, years, identities, relationships, and everything else that is keeping you writing the same old story. Allow it. Walk tall and walk alone, for as long as you need to. This is your becoming.
9. I have a ton of excitement in my life. I used to call it stress, but I feel much better now that I call it excitement.
10. Begin your day with an “I get to” mentality instead of a “I have to” thought process… I GET to go to work. I GET to have a busy day. Whatever it may be. We often dress our opportunities as stress, but they are in fact blessings.