- As for my girls, I’ll raise them to think they breathe fire.
2. You must want to spend the rest of your life with yourself first.
3. You were born with the ability to change someone’s life, don’t ever waste it.
4. Don’t let anyone rent a space in your head, unless they’re a good tenant.
5. Until you cross the bridge of your insecurities, you can’t begin to explore your possibilities.
6. I would rather be “annoyingly” positive and optimistic than destructively negative and hateful.
7. My future starts when I wake up every morning… Every day I find something creative to do with my life.
8. Be the woman you needed as a girl.
9. Sometimes you have to remind people that you can be an asshole too.
10. Cutting contact with toxic people will transform your life. At first, it feels miserable. Like you’re going cold turkey from an addiction. But as time goes on, you come to discover that each passing day brings unexpected new blessings. You begin to develop self – respect, boundaries, and true friendships. Instead of running around absorbing and forgiving everything, you spend time with people who do not behave in a way that requires constant explaining to begin with. This freedom allows your spirit to thrive. Someday, you will look back and wonder how you even tolerated interacting with such unhealthy people . Your new self begins to feel protective of your old self, and that’s a pretty neat place to be!
Written by Sarah Palmer – Owner, Functional Rustic
Did you know Functional Rustic provides more than just inspirational quotes? Find handmade rustic décor and unique gifts in the online Functional Rustic Store.