WELCOME to Functional Rustic! Thanks for Stopping by. Reward yourself by seeing all that Functional Rustic has to offer. Explore Handmade Rustic Decor in the Store, Try a DIY Tutorial, Read Inspirational Quotes & Visit the Muscovy Ducks. So much to experience!
2. Blowing out someone else’s candle doesn’t make yours shine any brighter.
3. Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain.
4. Serendipity: Finding something good without looking for it.
5. It’s okay to fight for someone who loves you. It’s not okay to fight for someone to love you. There’s a huge difference.
6. Your biggest fan is a stranger. Your biggest hater is someone you know.
7. The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can.
8. Pay attention when people react with anger and hostility to your boundaries. You have found the edge where their respect for you ends.
9. Reminder: You don’t have to rebuild a relationship with everyone you’ve forgiven. Just because you are at peace, doesn’t mean they’re not still toxic.
10. What if your fairy godmother is the wisest, smartest version of your self – whispering from the future. Stop treating yourself as an afterthought. Eat delicious food, walk in the sunshine, jump in the ocean. Say the truth you are carrying in your heart like a hidden treasure. Be silly, be kind, be weird. There is no time for anything else.
Listen, I still want to be invited but I’m not coming.
2. Go ahead, underestimate me. You won’t be the first. You won’t be the last, but you will be wrong.
3. What you water, grows.
4. Maturing is realizing how many things don’t require your comment.
5. You have to stop crying and you have to go kick some ass.
6. Don’t half-ass anything whatever you do, always use your full ass.
7. The day I changed was the day I quit trying to fit into a world that never really fit me.
8. The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be love in return.
9. Toss your hair in a bun, drinks some coffee, put on some gangsta rap and handle it.
10. Check yourself. Sometimes you are the toxic person. Sometimes you are the mean, negative person you’re looking to push away. Sometimes the problem is you. And that doesn’t make you less worthy. Keep on growing. Keep on checking yourself. Keep on motivating yourself. Mistakes are opportunities. Look at them, own them, grow from them and move on. Do better, be better. You’re human. It’s okay.
You have to stop trying, and you have to go kick some ass.
2. There are two ways to get enough: One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.
3. I spend a lot of time holding the refrigerator door open looking for answers.
4. Never let your feelings get too deep, people can change anytime.
5. Do sharks complain about Monday? No. They’re up early, biting shit, chasing stuff, being scary – reminding everyone they’re a fucking shark.
6. You can’t litter negativity everywhere and then wonder why you’ve got a trashy life.
7. You get what you tolerate. If someone is rude or disrespectful towards you, politely excuse yourself and walk away. It’s actually a powerful statement. It sends a clear message to the other person; what they’ve said or done is unacceptable and that you won’t tolerate it.
8. Yes I have made mistakes. Life didn’t come with instructions.
9. If you’re gonna fight, fight like you’re the 3rd monkey on the ramp of Noah’s ark and it’s starting to rain.
10. Now, every time I witness a strong person, I want to know: What darkness did you conquer in your story? Mountains do not rise without earthquakes.
Tell my mistakes to me not to others. Because my mistakes are to be corrected by me not by others.
2. Don’t let your struggle become your identity.
3. Accept the situation and move on.
4. Don’t ignore your own potential.
5. It’s okay that you don’t know how to move on. Start with something easier…like not going back.
6. We fall. We break. We fail. But then, we rise. We heal. We overcome.
7. My life is a struggle of constantly wanting to go out and have fun with people and also simultaneously trying to avoid all human contact.
8. It’s never too late to be who you might have been.
9. Let go of the hurt. Let go of the anger. Also, let got of the people who habitually bring them into your life. You are your own peacekeeper.
10. You are not everyone’s cup of tea. The world is filled with people who, no matter what you do, no matter what you try, will simply not like you. But the world is also filled with those who will love you fiercely. The ones who love you: they are your people. Don’t waste your finite time and heart trying to convince the people who aren’t your people that you have value. They will miss it completely. They wont buy what you are selling. Don’t try to convince them to walk your path with you because you will only waste your time and your emotional good health. You are not for them and they are not for you. You are not their cup of tea and they are not yours. Politely wave them along and you move away as well. Seek to share your path with those who recognize and appreciate your gifts, who you are. Be who you are. You are not everyone’s cup of tea and that is OK.
The choices we make reveal the true nature of our character.
2. You kinda owe it to yourself to do all the things you’ve dreamed.
3. Know this: Some people will not hear you regardless of ho much, how loud, how truthful, how loving, or how profound you speak. Wish them well and let them go.
4. I just want to tell you, at some point it doesn’t matter who was right and who was wrong. At some point, being angry is just another bad habit, like smoking, and you keep poisoning yourself without thinking about it.
5. If you don’t want anyone to find out, don’t do it.
6. Every situation in life is temporary. So, when life is good, make sure you enjoy and receive it fully. And when life is not so good, remember that it will not last forever and better days are on the way.
7. Be the person who breaks the cycle. If you were judged, choose understanding. If you were rejected, choose acceptance. If you were ashamed, choose compassion. Be the person you needed when you were hurting, not the person who hurt you. Vow to be better than what broke you – to heal instead of becoming bitter so you can act from your heart, not your pain.
8. Not everything is supposed to become something beautiful and long lasting. Sometimes people come into your life to show you what is right and what is wrong, to show you who you can be, to teach you to love yourself, to make you feel better for a little while or to just be someone to walk with at night and spill your life to. Not everyone is going to stay forever, and we still have to keep on going and thank them for what they’ve given us.
9. She is a paradox. She is faithful and yet detached. She is committed and yet relaxed. She loves everyone, and yet no one. She is sociable but also a loner. She is gentle and yet tough. She is passionate but can also be platonic. In short, she is predictable in her unpredictability.
10. You are not everyone’s cup of tea. The world is filled with people who, no matter what you do, no matter what you try, will simply not like you. But the world is also filled with those who will love you fiercely. The ones who love you: they are your people. Don’t wasted your finite time and heart trying to convince the people who aren’t your people that you have value. They will miss it completely. They wont but what you’re selling. Don’t try to convince them to walk your path with you because you will only wasted your time and your emotional good health. You are not for them and they are not for you. You are not their cup of tea and they are not yours. Politely wave them along and you move away as well. Seek to share your path with those who recognize and appreciate your gifts are not yours. Be who you are. You are not everyone’s cup of tea and that is OK.