- Don’t let someone get comfortable with disrespecting you.
2. I stopped waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel and lit that bitch up myself.
3. Be enough for yourself first. The rest of the world can wait.
4. Visualize your highest self. Start showing up as her.
5. When people show you who they are, believe them.
6. Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
7. Look for something positive in each day even if some days you have to look a little harder.
8. The worst thing is watching someone drown and not being able to convince them that they can save themselves by just standing up.
9. Don’t you dare shrink yourself for someone else’s comfort. Do not become small for people who refuse to grow.
10. Being calm about everything allows your mind to find solutions. Calmness is also a state of trust. Instead of overthinking and overreacting, you just surrender for that moment and allow yourself to receive guidance for what doesn’t make sense.
Written by Sarah Palmer – Owner, Functional Rustic
Did you know Functional Rustic provides more than just inspirational quotes? Find handmade rustic décor and unique gifts in the online Functional Rustic Store.