WELCOME to Functional Rustic! Thanks for Stopping by. Reward yourself by seeing all that Functional Rustic has to offer. Explore Handmade Rustic Decor in the Store, Try a DIY Tutorial, Read Inspirational Quotes & Visit the Muscovy Ducks. So much to experience!
It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.
2. Some women fear the fire. Some women simply become it…
3. It’s ok. You just forgot who you are. Welcome back.
4. It’s okay to be scared, but you have to get out there, open up, love, make mistakes, learn, be stronger, and start all over again.
5. Some people really suck. Avoid them.
6. Sobriety is hellasexy.
7. Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small every day deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.
8. It’s not what you do, it’s how you do it. It’s not what you see, it’s how you look at it. It’s not how your life is, it’s how you live it.
9. “It’s impossible,” said pride. “It’s risky,” said experience. “It’s pointless,” said reason. “Give it a try,” whispered the heart.
10. So, I close my eyes to old ends and open my heart to new beginnings.
2. Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive about what could go right.
3. Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
4. The best moments in life don’t make it to social media.
5. Tell yourself you’re amazing.
6. Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream.
7. Feel the feeling but don’t become the emotion. Witness it. Allow it. Release it.
8. Start now. Start where you are. Start with fear. Start with pain. Start with doubt. Start with hands shaking. Start with voice trembling but start. Start and don’t stop. Start where you are, with what you have. Just…Start.
9. Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
10. Fear is nothing more than an obstacle that stands in the way of progress. In overcoming our fears, we can move forward, stronger and wiser within ourselves.
2. Don’t do something permanently stupid just because you’re temporarily upset.
3. The devil whispered in my ear, “you’re not strong enough to withstand the storm.” Today I whispered in the Devil’s ear, “I am the storm.”
4. The minute you realize your worth, you shift your energy to attract new people who respect your worth. It starts with you first.
5. The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. Beautiful people do not just happen.
6. The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.
7. Don’t let them steal your light.
8. Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.
9. Every positive change in your life begins with a clear, unequivocal decision that you are going to either do something or stop doing something.
10. The day will be what you make it, so rise, like the sun, and burn.
Need some quick, easy, last minute DIY gift ideas for the holiday season? Functional Rustic is here to help! Check out these 10 tutorials that are sure to make your handmade gifts the talk of the gift giving season.
Want to give a handmade gift but don’t want to/don’t have time to make it yourself? Functional Rustic is here to help. Support a small local business AND save money by shopping in the Functional Rustic Store. Below are some of the handcrafted items available.
Whatever you do, never run back to what broke you.
2. Be the woman who fixes another woman’s crown without telling the world it was crooked.
3. What we don’t need in the midst of struggle is shame for being human.
4. Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.
5. What is coming is better than what is gone.
6. Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change.
7. Wake up. Kick ass. Repeat.
8. Be with people who know your worth. You don’t need too many people to be happy. Just a few real ones who appreciate who you are.
9. Be the kind of woman who knows her identity, walks on holy ground, and who’s unafraid to be free and silly because life’s too short to be uptight and figured out.
10. Check yourself. Sometimes you are the toxic person. Sometimes you are the mean, negative person you’re looking to push away. Sometimes the problem is you. And that doesn’t make you less worthy. Keep on growing. Keep on checking yourself. Keep on motivating yourself. Mistakes are opportunities. Look at them, own them, grow from them and move on. Do better, be better. You’re human. It’s okay.
It’s important for your spiritual development that you honor who you are and act accordingly.
2. Allow yourself to be proud of yourself and all the progress you’ve made. Especially the progress that no one else has seen.
3. You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.
4. And then I realized that to be more alive I had to be less afraid. So I did it. I lost my fear and gained my whole life.
5. With every roadblock a detour is built. With every ending, a new beginning is defined. Embracing a challenge makes life interesting, but overcoming it makes life meaningful.
6. Be the change you wish to see in the world.
7. You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that wisened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.